Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Decorations

I finally had the chance to decorate for fall! Between my back "going out" and homeschooling, and various other commitments, I have been super busy. However, I made time to get my fall stuff out. I missed it last year.

My husband was gracious and took time out to "help me" rearrange the living room. Um, he did all of the rearranging! I just told him where big things were to go. We have some heirloom antiques that are heavy and fragile and so he though that he would be ingenious and create his own moving pads. The next two pictures show how well that worked out!

Please forgive our floors...they are on our list of things to do, but that list is pretty long!
Remember the shelving unit that I got at a warehouse sale this summer? Well, I
finally got around to painting it. I love it. Moving the china hutch from this spot and putting something smaller and lighter in it's place really opened up the living room! Plus it's tons of fun to put all of my little things there.

Some close ups of my apothecary jars on the other side of the couch.


"We" moved the writing desk to the other side of the room, and I love how accessible it is now.

The china hutch took the place of the writing desk. It fits so perfectly, it's as if this nook was made for it!



I have a few more projects up my sleeves, so I will be posting again soon!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi! I'm Amanda, and I bounced over via (hmmmm, don't remember where -- it was an extreme couponing article).... What a lovely blog you have. I read a couple posts about your kitchen renovation -- how is that going? We've recently been transplanted from a very arid climate to the PNW, and the are under what used to be the kitchen sink in our "new" house had terrible water and mold damage, too. Love your blog -- mind if I follow along?

The Daileys said...

Andrea, your fall decor is lovely :) One project at a time!