Thursday, October 7, 2010

Book Page Fall Wreath

So, you probably know by now that I love all things book-page-craft related. I have seen so many cute variations on a fall wreath, that I thought that I'd try my hand at one. I love how it turned out!
I started out with a straw base and wrapped strips of chocolate brown burlap around it. Well, actually, I guess I started out by cutting out various different leaves from my designated craft book. I used a number of different types and sizes of silk leaves for my template. Then I did the burlap thing!
I like to hot glue my leaves on in quadrants, but you totally don't have to. I made sure to glue some towards the inside, and even a layer on the back for added fullness and dimension.

Some leaves I crumpled, and some I brushed brown craft paint on.


I love the way it turned out, and how great it looks on my antique mirror!

4 comments:

The Daileys said...

Love! You did an amazing job!

Kelsey said...

I am in LOOOVE! That is so stinkin beautiful I can't stand it! You know I'm totally copying you right? Ya...I am...you can plan on it! :)

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

That is stinkin' cute, Andrea!
I'll bet that took you all day!
I got your entries for the giveaway- yes! I think you are one of my "originals", LOL!
(I kinda hope you win!)
Hugs, and happy, joyful, delightful creative Autumn to you!
~me

Amanda said...

This wreath is just way too gorgeous!